Which vs What!!! When do you use what or which? Below is the explanation of the difference between what vs which and when to use them.
Which vs What
Which or What? What’s the difference between What vs Which?
They are two common interrogative pronouns in English.
The main difference between which and what is that which is used for a limited number of choices, what is used for an unlimited number of choices.
Which Definition and Examples
Which is used for a limited number of choices.
- Which part are you auditioning for?
- Which one do you like better?
- Which country is the predominant member of the alliance?
- Which is the best route to take?
- Which book are you looking for?
- Which is the largest city in the world?
- Which department do you work for?
What Definition and Examples
What is used for an unlimited number of choices.
- What do you suggest I order?
- What was the cause of the fire?
- What is the significance of this speech?
- What time do you start boarding?
- What is the intent of that sentence?
- What flavor of ice cream do you like?
- What is the height of the mountain?
What or Which | Infographic
Which or What – Difference between Which vs What