Inter vs Intra!!! What’s the difference between Intra vs Inter?
Inter vs Intra
The main difference between “inter-” and “intra-” is that “inter-” is used to denote in between, while “intra-” denotes that it is inside or internal.
When to Use Inter
Inter is a prefix that is indicative of the sense of between. Inter means either “between; among” or “mutually; reciprocally.”
- This novel is too difficult for intermediate students of English.
- We are studying how these two chemicals interact.
- Let’s go somewhere where we can talk without interruption.
When to Use Intra
On the other hand, intra is a prefix that is indicative of the sense of within. Intra means “on the inside; within.”
- The intragastric tumid type again can be classified into protuberant, two peaks, and fungoid subgroup.
- The sarcoplasmic reticulum is a system of intracellular membranes.
- The patient was treated with intravenous ganciclovir.
Intra vs Inter Examples
- Our operating system can now interconnect with other networks.
- They have made an urgent request for international aid.
- Keep in mind the interactive nature of workplace stress.
- He often appeared angry and frustrated by the intransigence of both sides.
- The sports program was intramural softball in a little courtyard.
- The operation was smooth, with no intracranial infection or fatality.
Intra vs Inter Infographic
Confused Words: When to Use Inter vs Intra