Coriander vs Cilantro!!! What’s the difference between Cilantro vs Coriander? This useful lesson will help you understand the difference between them.
Coriander vs Cilantro
Cilantro vs Coriander – What’s the difference?
Coriander Meaning and Examples
In the UK, the leaves and stalks of the plant are referred to as coriander, the seeds are called coriander seeds. That means cilantro does NOT exist in the UK.
- Chop the coriander leaves and mix with the ginger.
- Add a dash of lemon juice and seasoning and garnish with the coriander.
- The chicken was garnished with coriander and red chili.
- The manna was like coriander seed and looked like resin.
- Chop up the coriander and mix some of it in the tofu.
- If you are reheating, add a lot of coriander just before serving.
Cilantro Meaning and Examples
In the US, the leaves and stalks of the plant are referred to as cilantro while the seeds are referred to as coriander.
- Garnish the dish with cilantro and green onions.
- Hanoi is famous for pho, a steaming noodle soup flavored with cilantro and lime.
- Place in a medium bowl and stir in onion, cilantro, salt, and lime juice.
- Mix everything except cilantro, marinate for at least half an hour.
- Remove fish from steamer, drizzle with additional cilantro sauce, and serve.
- Let kids grow a salsa garden, with all sorts of tomatoes, hot peppers, onions, and cilantro.
Difference Between Cilantro vs Coriander | Infographic
British vs American Words: Coriander vs Cilantro