Cacao vs Cocoa!!! What’s the difference between Cocoa vs Cacao? Although they can be often used interchangeably, there’s a difference between them.
Cacao vs Cocoa
Cacao and cocoa sound similar in name, however, they’re unique in taste, texture, nutrition, and cost.
Cacao Definition and Examples
Cacao is a raw chocolate base that’s less processed than cacao powder or chocolate bars.
- Some coffee and cacao are grown for export.
- Chocolate is a product of the tropical cacao tree.
- Cacao and chocolate were an important part of Maya culture.
- The higher the percentage of cacao, the better.
- The cacao tree could not grow in the area where the Aztecs lived.
- Its main economic activity is the production of cacao and coconut.
Cocoa Definition and Examples
Cocoa is chocolate powder, cacao powder.
- He likes to have a mug of cocoa before bed.
- He sipped his cocoa and placed the empty cup on his plate.
- Would you like some hot cocoa to warm you up?
- John sat by the fireside drinking his cocoa.
- The cocoa bean is used to make some kinds of drink.
- My wife was tucked up in bed with her cup of cocoa.
Difference between Cocoa vs Cacao | Infographic
Confused Words: When to Use Cacao vs Cocoa