Boss vs Leader!!! What’s the difference between Leader vs Boss? It is so important to know the difference between a leader and a boss. Learn the list of differences between them with ESL infographic.
Boss vs Leader
Let’s take a look at the difference between a leader and a boss.
Boss Definition and Examples
A boss is an individual who is in charge of the employee or an organization.
- Her boss did not display any human traits.
- Our boss has been let go.
- I asked my boss for a holiday.
- She was the boss of a large international company.
- What do you think of our new boss?
- I know my boss considers me incompetent.
Leader Definition and Examples
A leader is an individual who possesses the ability to influence and inspire others, towards the accomplishment of goals.
- The new leader is a good selection.
- A good leader must be an astute judge of ability.
- The leader indicated that the plans had failed.
- He is a well-meaning but ineffectual leader.
- I don’t want to be a leader.
- He is our friend and likewise our leader.
Key Differences between Boss vs Leader
|Drives employees||Coaches employees|
|Depends on authority||Depends on goodwill|
|Inspires fear||Generates enthusiasm|
|Says, “I”||Says, “We”|
|Places blame for the breakdowns||Fixes the breakdowns|
|Knows how it is done||Shows how it is done|
|Uses people||Develops people|
|Take credit||Gives credit|
|Says, “Go”||Says, “Let’s go”|
Leader vs Boss – What’s Difference? | Infographic
Commonly Confused Words – Major Differences between Boss vs Leader